500Px

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Winter is here

Winter is the time to dive in Northern California. It might be cold but storms clear out the dead kelp leaving behind cathedral columns stretching to the surface. The visibility is amazing and the sunshine on the kelp is magical. So... we have a few weeks left before we hit prime time. We attempted to dive a couple of weeks ago and experienced surge, waves and the famous 3 foot visibility that leaves cold water divers shaking our heads and asking, "Why am I freezing my butt off for this??" Today Point Lobos gave us a taste of what's to come.


Unfortunately, I am WAY out of practice with my underwater camera gear. I did say "taste" of what's to come... you can see that the vis wasn't STELLAR by the scatter in the water between me and my dive buddy Enrique. Congratulations on Open Water Dive #8 Enrique! Soon we'll both have cameras out there and we'll turn into horrible dive buddies.

No comments: