500Px

Friday, February 6, 2009

Point Reyes Serenity

In my attempts to show off my neighborhood and the local areas I love so much I am rediscovering favorite places and am finding them to be wonderfully soothing and yet exhilarating places to photograph.

The old 'Point Reyes' boat that is grounded behind the hardware store in Inverness has always been a favorite stop of mine. The morning I took Iain out there though it was high tide! I'd never stopped there when the water reached the boat and I was delighted to see the boat reflected in the calm waters.

A few days later Enrique joined us for a sunrise run to Drakes Beach. Iain and Enrique went up the cliff to capture the glow on the far cliff faces but I was intrigued by the flat rocks I saw on the beach. It didn't take me long to find some pretty drift wood and set up a shot that I found peaceful and compelling.

2 comments:

John W. Wall said...

Gorgeous! Definitely one of those places you wish you got out to more often!

Bob Towery said...

This is such a great image of the boat. How great to have the water for a reflection shot. I just went there myself and posted several days worth of photos on my blog. It's a great place to visit!

Very nice capture, very impressive.