However, it is hard to believe when we turn on our faucets and the water runs fast and clean. So on to the photographic proof. John Wall is a Bay Area photographer who has covered the hills and forests for years, revisiting areas and monitoring the changes. He recently posted a comparison that shocked me. Check it out: John Wall's Natural California
If that doesn't make you think twice before leaving the water running while you brush your teeth, nothing will. Every drop saved helps so don't fall into the trap of thinking you are just one person, what difference can you make... Instead, make a difference one drop at a time.
- Scrap your dishes after a meal instead of rinsing in running water.
- Turn off the water while you are brushing your teeth.
- Inspect your pipes and fix any leaks you may find. Even a slow drip wastes water over time.
- Use a compost bucket in your kitchen rather than the garbage disposal.
- Consider a drip watering system for your garden rather than running the hose for hours.
- Run your dishwasher and clothes washers with full loads.
Senator Barbara Boxer
Santa Clara Valley Water District
Be Water Wise
California Water Service Group